This is a perfect Meatless Monday dinner. There are tons of vegetables, some healthy carbs and a bit of protein. But, I would also say that this would taste great as a side dish. It’s a star or a supporting actor. Your choice!
- 1 cup of whole wheat orzo
- 1 cup of mushrooms ( used Korean oyster mushrooms )
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower cut up in pieces
- 4 bunches of baby bok choy
- 2-3 green onions, cut in half
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- salt + pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil for taste
- handful of slivered almonds
1. Place your cauliflower and mushrooms on one baking tray and your bok choy (whole) on another baking tray. |If you have a big enough tray/oven just do it on one.| Coat with some olive oil, salt + pepper and fresh rosemary, chopped. In a 375 degree oven, roast for 25-30 minutes until everything is nicely browned.
2. Meanwhile, in a small pan, put your balsamic vinegar over a low heat and continue cooking until you have a thickened reduction. The reduction will coat the pan when turned when it is complete.
3. As your veggies are cooking, follow your orzo cooking directions and cook. Once it is completed, add the orzo to a large mixing bowl and pop the green onions in the water for a few minutes to cook. Remove and set aside.
4. Once veggies are done in the oven, place the bok choy on the sides of your serving dish. Mix your mushrooms and cauliflower in the bowl with the orzo and drizzle a little olive oil in the bowl. Add to your dish in the middle.
5. Add your green onions to the top. Add your balsamic and some sliced almonds.