What does it mean to be cruelty free in Korea? It means you turn into a sleuth, detective, bloodhound…. you do everything you can to seek out those precious products that are both awesome and not tested on animals. You hunt them down in stores. You Google every product in the cosmetic store. You email companies to verify. You do a lot of work but it’s always worth it when you find that special product that is at once both awesome and cruelty free.
But, it’s getting easier! Each season I seem to find more and more products which are cruelty free which are both easy on the wallet and are produced leaving those doe-eyed beautiful animals alone.
So find great products here as I keep it updated for all of us who like to shop kindly!
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR ❤️ IS!
UPDATED March 23, 2017
Click on the name to go to the webpage
*Korean made product
Primera (Amore Pacific Company)*
NOTE: OGX, Organix, which I have included in my lists several times, are no longer cruelty free. However, I still see in stores that they have a Leaping Bunny on their products. They sell in China, it’s not cruelty free.
Where do I get the information from?
I. These are Leaping Bunny certified
II. These are Peta certified
- Alba Botanica (Hain Celestial)
- Freeman Beauty
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps
- PetalFresh (under their parent company Bio Creative Labs per email)
III. These are verified on Logical Harmony
III. These were previously listed on the now defunct KARA website and I am working on verifying by phone or email.
- dear, Klairs
- Facebook Message August 1, 2016 Hi Crystal! We don’t test our products on animals. And, we have no plan to launch officially in China yet. Thank you for your question.
- Email April 8th, 2016
- Dear Crystal, This is Scott Kim ENS KOREA, overseas sales team manager. All of our products are cruelty free, not tested on animals. Let me know if you need further assistant.Thank you.Best Regards, Scott Kim