Nothing is like autumn.
Saying adios to 90 degree heat and the ever persistent humidity that creeps into my hair sending it whisping all over my head like a maniac’s crown gives me a renewed energy. Saying hello to crispy weather, comfort foods and colorful ginkgo leaves makes it all worth the torture. It is the best part of the year and the part I wait (somewhat) patiently for during those other three seasons.
I’ll be making amazing things in the kitchen (and probably some disasters as well 🙂 ). Going to new places (getting my Vitamin D). And getting the most out of this weather. My Pinterest page has exploded with ideas, itineraries and designing the most autumnist of autumns. I will rule Autumn 2016.
- wild mushroom lasagna by delallo
- kimchi udon stir fry by pickledplum
- savory tomato tarts with goat cheese by yellow lemon tree
- weeknight vegetable curry by smitten kitchen
- portuguese chicken with crispy potatoes by feasting at home
- last but not least, korean spiced chili from hapa nom nom
to eat & drink
- american mood has some spectacular looking sandwiches and it’s right in the neighborhood
- 300 degree has pizza a foot long and tiramisu to boot; you had me at pizza
- the great bagel is walking distance but for some reason i haven’t made it there. bonus: i just found vegan cream cheese and i’m dying to try it
- mong jung heon or crystal jade or din tai fung looks like dimsum heaven
- korean modern master art exhibit: lee jung seob at the MMCA
- seoul bamdokkaebi night market w/ food trucks
- brave the seoul lantern festival once again
- a very special boutique movie experience (i have giftcards!)
- inwangsan mountain hike
- spa treatment at lush for my birthday
- anthony browne exhibition
- dark side of seoul tour