That’s the only lonely picture I took of a cake that went down a storm when I brought it to work. The reason I am posting the recipe is solely based on the kindness of their compliments about this little peach cutie.
I don’t usually make anything for my work friends and I was feeling a little guilty. So I whipped this up because it was peach season, I had several peaches on the verge of death and it sounded so good. I promised myself if no one liked it at work, I wouldn’t make anything else because it’s a waste. But, almost every bite was gone. So proud 😀
For a cake, it’s a breeze to make. No frosting but covered in some beautifully fanned peach slices. It’s inviting, beautiful and smells amazing.
Recipe adapted from | Julia’s Album
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick butter ( I used vegan butter, Better than Butter)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 2 large peaches, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and coat with flour a springform pan
- In a bowl, use a handmixer to blend the butter, sugar and eggs until well mingled. Add vanilla and banana and mix for a few more minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- A bit at a time, hand mix in the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Don’t overmix.
- Pour into springform pan. Place one layer of peaches on top in a fan shape. Add one tablespoon of granulated sugar on top.
- Set the time for 1 hour , but the time depends on your oven. Mine took a bit longer. Half way through, pull the cake from the pan and place one more layer of peaches on top of the other making another circle.
- After testing the center of the cake with a toothpick that comes out clean, remove the cake and let cool completely. Pop out of the springform pan carefully. Top with powdered sugar if you want!
Are you my Facebook friend?
How about Instagram?
Do I sound like I’m begging?
Here’s one more: Pinterest.