I had a container of frozen strawberries taking up a lot of room in my ridiculously minuscule freezer last week and I knew something had to be done about it. In comes the margarita cavalry! This one is pumped up with a bit of applemint simple syrup and some lime juice. They are amazing, not watered down with ice and not too sweet. Try them out while it’s hot enough to melt payment.
Ingredients for the simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 5-6 springs or large leaves of applemint
Ingredients for the margarita
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of simple syrup flavored with applemint
- 1 cup tequila of your choice
- lime of one lime
- salt for rims suggested but not necessary
- For the simple syrup: heat the water to a boil and add the sugar and applemint until the sugar is completely dissolved and applemint flavors the water.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until frosty like.
- Put some lime juice around the rim of your glass and dip into salt.