I haven’t made a Martha recipe in a long time but I had a bag of potatoes in my cabinet that were growing more ears than I care to talk about. Nightmares. They needed to be used quickly and I didn’t have the patience for a bunch of baked potatoes, however delicious they are. So I scoured my Pinterest board and found this puppy staring back at me.
It’s a bit of cutting and I sliced them by hand, which is why mine are larger than the original. I couldn’t be bothered to find my mandolin. Lazy. I also left the skin on because, I’m sorry, that’s the best part. Why was it cut off in the beginning?? I don’t understand. Crispy potato skin is the stuff of heaven.
Click for the recipe!
- 3-4 lbs of potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 TBS of vegan butter
- 2 TBS of chopped scallions
- salt, pepper and olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rub butter all over the inside of your baking dish. Place potatoes inside standing up.
- Brush olive oil over the tops. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Add scallions to the top.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour. Pull out and add your rosemary and brush on more oil. Bake for another 30-40 minutes. Check with a fork to make sure your potatoes are nice and soft in the middle. NOTE: Because I used small potatoes the cooking time was less than the original recipe. You’ll need to judge by the size of your potatoes.