Just like in real life, my birthday wish is a bit belated for Une Peach. 🙂
In April I passed a year since my first post on this blog. It’s been a fun year as I continue to try and find the right voice and the right posts for it and I have loved thinking about how I want it to evolve. It’s like a living thing sometimes. The next year I will really be working towards weekly posts and more “lifestyle” and less “total food glutton.”
But, ironically or not, this post will continue my total food glutton routine as I celebrated the year with a baby Nutella crepe cake!
Want to make one? It’s pretty adorable.
First make the crepes. This is a recipe I wholeheartedly love from Spicie Foodie.
- 1.5 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- vegan butter for pan
- Mix all ingredients except the butter. Put the batter through a sieve to remove all lumps. This step is a pain but it’s worth it not to have the lumps in your crepes. Let sit for an hour. It is a watery batter, remember you’re not making pancakes.
- Heat your small, circular pan to med high heat. Add a bit of butter and swirl. Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the pan and swirl around until it evenly coats the bottom. Let cook on one side then flip. Takes rougly 2-3 minutes for the whole crepe.
- Let the crepes cool down before making them into a cake.
Next, make the cake.
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 1 cup of anything else you want to go in between the layers: jam, whipped cream, peanut butter, cookie butter, etc…
- Using a glass or a biscuit cutter, cut small circles out of your crepes. This recipe makes enough for two tall cakes once you cut out the circles. The rest? Umm…I just ate it with a fork and some maple syrup. Don’t waste that deliciousness.
- Going very slow and using only a small bit of Nutella at a time, layer it in between each crepe circle. To spread it press down and move around just a little.
- Keep stacking!
- Add a few drizzles to the top for decoration if desired. I used a chocolate pen used for writing on cakes.
Thank you! It’s been fun. 🙂