Quick breads are the best….dessert, snack, breakfast…the best. I also love the whole “dump everything into this bowl and mix it up then bake it” kind of recipe. It’s the lazy-lady’s everything. And that’s what this is, basically. It’s chock full of strawberries and bananas so its just perfect for these slightly warmed up days.
Can you feel it, guys?? It’s almost spring!! Eat some quick bread and get outside!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter (I used Better Than Butter)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup organic white flour
- 1-2 cups diced strawberries (coated in flour)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl then add butter and mix well. Add sugars and vanilla and mix it again.
- In a separate bowl, sift baking soda, salt and flour together.
- Add your dry to your wet ingredients slowly mixing.
- Fold in your strawberries.
- Add mixture to a bread pan that is (vegan) buttered and floured. Bake for about an hour. Check by inserting a toothpick into the middle part to see if its baked through.
Adapted from: Jessfuel