Nothing could be easier to make on a cold, cold winter’s night. If you have a few fingers, an oven and a blender, you will have this flavorful soup in under an hour. It took me longer, of course, because I have the world’s tiniest oven.But it was worth it. This is not your Campbell’s soup. It’s chunky and packed with delicious smells of garlic and rosemary. I’m going to keep this short because, its reflective of the soup. 😀
- 12 tomatoes (medium sized) cut into quarters
- about 10 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- about 10 cloves of garlic
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 can of vegetable stock/broth
- Olive oil for baking
- Arrange tomatoes, rosemary, and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt + pepper.
- Bake at 400F until everything is nice and brown and your garlic is soft. (30-60 min)
- Once out of the oven, slide them into a blender. Add your stock. (You may need to do it in batches.)
- Done! Add some cheese or bread or grilled cheese…so many choices. Only one mouth (sadly)!
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Reblogged this on Cinnamon Ginger Tea and commented:
This looks lovely!
Thank you! Perfect for winter!