I got an amazing Christmas present this year! On December 25th I was scheduled to fly out from Incheon Airport on my way home for the holidays. I was bummed I had to fly on Christmas but was happy that when I arrived back in St. Louis, 16 hours later, it would still be 1pm Christmas day. The math is crazy.
I did the computerized check in and noticed immediately my seat numbers were not the seat numbers I had picked out myself several months ago. There was a wave of annoyance until I realized that my seat number was 4. Four! My seat had originally been in the fifties and here I was about to fly BusinessElite back to America per an automated system. I was certain it was a mistake, that some human would come tell me there was a problem, but I just kind of went with it. Even as I was sitting in the seat, waiting for take off, I was wondering if someone was going to come tell me it was a mistake. 😀 But, I could tell many people had been upgraded and that made me feel better. We were the lucky chosen ones, traveling alone on a busy day!
I am definitely not a first class person. I am coach all the way. So it was an amazing opportunity to get to see how the 2% actually travel long distances. I had an incredibly stressful past couple of months with many personal and professional challenges and obstacles. I felt like I had really paid my dues and was being rewarded, hah. And now I’ll share it with you. It certainly made the flight back in economy just a bit disappointing, lol.
Some of the most notable differences right away:
- There’s an actual closet to hang your coat and you get an entire overhead bin to yourself.
- A flight purser comes to talk to you about the menu.
- They offer you champagne immediately on board.
- One of the captains personally walks to the cabin, introduces himself and thanks you for being there .
- First ones off means you get to the immigration people fast.
- And many other little differences shown in these pictures.