I needed something acidic to break up the cream and fat of Thanksgiving and this slaw is perfect for that. It’s sweet and tangy and hits all the right spots. Perfect for parties, large crowds, special dinners with friends… you name it. Plus its beautiful and I LOVE to eat some beautiful food.
If you are not serving it the same day you don’t need to do step two, sitting overnight in the vinegar will take the sting out of the garlic. Just pop it in a tightly sealed plastic bag, put it in the fridge and dress the salad the next day like me. I also sprinkled lemon juice over the cut apples so they wouldn’t brown.
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4 cups of shredded red cabbage (I added some green too)
- 1 large red apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons (or more) of cilantro
- Add your olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, maple syrup and salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk together.
- Heat in a pan for a few minutes until well incorporated.
- Dress your cabbage and apples with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cranberries and mix again before serving.