Sometimes I like to picture my cats doing chores while I’m at work and I pretend that when I come home my apartment will be sparkling and dinner will be laid out on the table. It doesn’t happen…in case you’re wondering…but I have a feeling that my feline children would totally make this dish because of its seafoodiness and ease.
Since those furballs are beyond lazy and just sleep all day, I guess its up to me to make this easy little dish full of flavor and pep. I love this one! This night I put the calamari over a salad with black olives and capers. The next night I added it to french bread for a sandwich. Perfect both nights.
- 2 cups of calamari
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- optional chives to look cool
- Add your Italian seasoning to the panko and stir.
- Dry off your calamari with a paper towel.
- Heat your pan and add your oil. When the oil smokes a bit, add your calamari and sear until its nice and browned.
- Once its browned, add your lime juice, covering all the calamari.
- Add the panko and more olive oil so, that when you toss it in the pan, the oil is soaked up by the panko and some of the crumbs stick to the calamari. Add as much olive oil as you think is needed.
- Plate, sprinkle with chives and eat as soon as you can shove it in.
Recipe Adapted From: Coco + Kelly