I bought the salmon steak because I wanted some fish with real heft. Little did I know that salmon steak has a whole lotta little pin bones that are impossible to take out. If you can get around this issue, and by that I mean not eat them like I kept doing, this is one TASTY recipe.
- 2 salmon steaks
- olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
For the balsamic sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Preheat oven broiler. Brush olive oil and salt + pepper on the top and sides of the fish and place on nonstick baking sheet. Place the fish 4 inches from the broiler and broil until cooked. About 12-15 minutes depending on thickness and baste at least once.
- Meanwhile, place all ingredients for balamic sauce in a pan and heat over the oven. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes until its thickened.
- Let the fish sit for a few minutes after it’s out of the oven then drizzle with sauce.
Salmon recipe adapted from: Martha Stewart
Sauce recipe adapted from: My Kitchen in the Rockies