Umm…I think I mentioned that I found goat cheese heaven in Korea, right? Oh yeah. I did. It’s right HERE!
I could not wait to use this in something other than shoving my knife into the tub and scooping it out for knife-directly-to-mouth type of maneuver. Enter: Zucchini. I stuffed the zucchini with goat cheese and a makeshift black olive tapenade, baked it in the oven and then shoved it into my mouth. Much better.
It’s pretty good on its own. Hehe.
I also tried something that I’ve been thinking about since I reviewed Jungsik; an upscale restaurant in Gangnam. They had a delectable lamb dish that included fried soft rice cakes (ddeok). It was just as wonderful as I remembered. If rice cakes weren’t so processed and unhealthy, I may just eat the rice cakes and goat cheese until I am sick.
Ingredients for Zucchini + Goat Cheese Rolls
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, fresh oregano
- 1 large garlic clove
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
Directions for Zucchini + Goat Cheese Rolls
- Slice the zucchini in 1/2 inch slices, long ways. Place on a baking pan. Salt + pepper them and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes or until soft enough to roll.
- Chop your black olives, garlic clove and oregano. Add to a bowl and salt + pepper to taste. Add roughly a tablespoon of olive oil and mix.
- Once the zucchini is removed and cooled. Flip over each strip. Place tapenade then goat cheese on top of each strip on the side you didn’t season. Carefully roll the strip.
- Broil in the oven at highest temperature for another ten minutes.
Ingredients for Mushroom Pasta
- Whole Wheat spaghetti for two
- 1 large pat of butter
- 1/2 a dozen rice cakes (ddeok), boiled until soft
- 1 cup of oyster mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of green onion, diced
- salt + pepper
- Italian seasoning
Directions for Mushroom Pasta
- Boil your whole wheat spaghetti according to package directions and place in a bowl. Drizzle with a simple olive oil, salt + pepper and toss.
- In a pan, add a pat of butter and your rice cakes. Once butter is melted and rice cakes are coated, add your mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Continuously stir until everything is nicely browned and the rice cakes are crispy on the outside.
- Once the saute is done, add your green onions and toss.
- Pop on top of the spaghetti.