It is time. A diet has come. I have avoided this for most of my chubby adult life. But, I decided that being winded most of the day was not the life I wanted to live anymore :D. So I decided to join a 100 Days of Real Food Challenge. I can still have desserts and bread but everything must be unprocessed. Wish me luck! I feel like I’ll be dreaming of dancing fried chicken for many of the next 100 days.
Ingredient List for one serving:
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
- sprinkle of capers
- 1/4 cup of white onion sliced very thin
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- Add chopped cucumber, black olives, onion, capers, salt + pepper, oregano, lemon and olive oil in a bowl. Give it a good mix. Add feta cheese. Marvel at the wonder of a simple salad that smiles back at you.
- I’m having mine with shredded chicken and grapes to pad the inevitable hunger that will come from eating a salad for lunch tomorrow.
Seriously, you guys, wish me luck!